How to stay cool during summer with your bounce house!
July 31, 2023
Keeping a bounce house cool during the summer is essential to ensure the safety and comfort of the children using it. Here are some tips to help you achieve a fun day of bouncing during the hotter months:
1. Choose a shady location: Place the bounce house in a shaded area to minimize direct exposure to the sun. This will help reduce the heat absorbed by the inflatable material and keep the interior cooler.
2. Use a misting system: Consider setting up a misting system around the bounce house. The fine water mist can help cool down the air and create a more comfortable environment for the kids.
3. Ventilate the bounce house: Ensure that there is adequate airflow inside the bounce house. Most commercial bounce houses have built-in mesh windows for this purpose. Keep these windows open to allow air to circulate freely. Also avoid placing the bounce house up against walls to allow for more airflow.
4. Use fans: Set up fans outside the bounce house to blow cooler air into it. This will help create a constant breeze inside, which can lower the overall temperature. Just be sure to keep safety as your top priority. Don't have any fans directly next to inflatable or near any water systems.
5. Water play: If the bounce house has a slide or a water feature, make sure to keep it wet. Wet surfaces can help cool down the interior of the bounce house and make it more enjoyable for the kids.
6. Schedule playtime strategically: Plan the bounce house activities during the cooler parts of the day, such as early morning or late afternoon when the temperature is not at its peak.
7. Monitor the temperature: Keep an eye on the weather forecast and be prepared to cancel or reschedule the bounce house activities if the temperatures become too extreme for safe play.
8. Limit occupancy: Avoid overcrowding the bounce house. Reducing the number of children inside at one time can help maintain a more comfortable temperature.
9. Provide shade: If possible, consider using canopies or umbrellas to create additional shade over the bounce house area.
10. Stay hydrated: Always have plenty of water available for the kids to drink. Staying hydrated is crucial during hot weather, especially when engaging in physical activities like bouncing.
Remember, safety should always be a top priority. If temperatures soar too high or if it's excessively hot, it's best to err on the side of caution and avoid using the bounce house until the weather cools down!